Special thanks to Imgix for sponsoring this episode! Imgix is real-time image processing as a service. Resize, crop, and process images on the fly, simply by changing their URLs! It’s FREE to sign up and easy to get started. Go to imgix.com to start, or if you're still not convinced check out the sandbox - it'll do the trick for sure.
If you've enjoyed the show so far, reach out to us on twitter at @seanwashington and @paulstraw, or join us in the Spec.fm slack community at http://spec.fm/slack! Also, if you haven't rated or reviewed the show yet and you'd like to do us a huge favor, you can do so here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/does-not-compute/id1048731980?mt=2
- Knight Foundation
- How We Migrated To Active Record 4
- Legacy Migrations In Rails
- Establishing a Connection to a Non-Default Database in Rails 3.2
- More advice on legacy data migration in Rails
- Not sure what to test in Rails? This book is a great place to start
- Ruby Metaprogramming Is Cooler Than It Sounds
- Metaprogramming Ruby 2: Program Like the Ruby Pros
- The Infinite Toolset, Craftsmanship, and Developer Sanity - aka learn your tools!
- jQuery’s Relevancy – There and Back Again
- Shoestring - A lightweight, simple DOM utility made to run on a tight budget